On our site we collect the following:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
Information is collected from you when you:
- Register on our site (email).
- Ask to be contacted (name, email and/or phone).
- Subscribe to a newsletter (email).
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To verify forum accounts.
- To contact you (if requested).
How do we protect visitor information?
- We use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We use an SSL certificate.
We implement security measures:
- At all times on the entire website.
We use a payment gateway provider.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Facilitate your user login.
- It won’t affect the user’s experience if cookies are disabled.
Third Party Disclosure
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information.
Third party links
- We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
- We have not enable Google Adwords on our site.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
- We never track our users regardless of the DNT signal. If we did track them, we would respect the DNT signal.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
- No, we do not allow it.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- We do not specifically market to children under 13 .
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
- We will notify the users via in site notification within 7 business days.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address:
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- We will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
What We Do and Why:
Deepwater IT collects only the minimum information necessary to function as intended. We ask for a username and email address when you register so we can give you a login and do our best to verify that you are a real person (and provide forum updates if you choose to receive them). Additionally, cookies are sometimes placed on your computer to facilitate things like remembered passwords (if you so choose), etc. These are placed there by various web technologies, and we are making every effort to keep those to a minimum. Deepwater IT is a committed advocate for privacy on the web. We don’t even ask for your name when you register on the web. We do, however, ask for a name if you fill out a form requesting that we contact you — that is done merely to facilitate cordiality. The only caveat is that we ask for a valid email address that can be verified (as mentioned before) — as we try to minimize comment spam.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us using our contact form or the information below.
5758 Geary Blvd, #232
San Francisco, CA 94121-2112